Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mikhaela’s tragedy

[]WARNING: Some readers may be offended.[]

Sob, sob, it is no use for me,
I can sob all I want, but this place,
This dark place which never shone light on me,
This eve-of-earth is my birth and death place

Sob, sob, it is of no gain,
For my mother never knew me,
I never felt the touch of her soft skin on my pain,
How my wretched skin longs for it

Sob, sob, it is fruitless tears of shame,
Consolation – this place my spirit is trapped in at least has a name,
It’s called grave

My father, I never knew,
His strong hands never caressed this dry skin,
His adoration – in his heart – flew,
I bet it was not even enough to be shamed as too lean

Sob, sob, where is my name?
What is my name?
Was I going to be named A, B, C or Z?
No, my sense, when it was not only a trapped spirit heard a voice full of buzz,
A sweet voice sang to me, Mikhaela, Mikhaela,
Mikhaela, oh Mikhaela

Was that to be my name?
I'm not Mikhaela,
There was no ceremony to name me,
I have no name

What was I to be, a girl, a boy?
Was I to be light, dark?
Was my nose to be sharp, hair curly and rich black?

Sob, sob, what do the others conceived in my time look like, like me?
Do they today life and its spoils enjoy?
Was I to play with them?
Was I to give mama and papa joy, pain, joy, pain, perhaps joy?

Trapped, trapped, will I ever escape this dark place?
At least it has a name,
And surely I don't have

Trapped trapped, will my spirit ever escape,
But I have to rejoice,
My spirit, in this dark place, must have a reason to rejoice,
For I hear mama walk, dance, sing,
And I feel her express her love,
Where is my itsy bitsy of the spoils?
Must I demand it? No, me, spirit –
I can’t make demands. No rights

When do I die as a spirit?
My body is no more, it has never been,
My eyes, with fire of the sun were never lit

Sob sob, I only die when mama is no more and stops to dance,
NO, I MUST PROTECT MAMA, I must protect mama, sob some more,
But I need to look out for my own plans,
What plans? I’m a lingering spirit banished forever in a dark place

Sob sob, I sob not for me,
I sob for mama’s protection so she doesn’t die,
But what of me?

Sob sob, I’ll linger in her womb,
No, my spirit will linger – it must not be a bomb,
Till she is no more

But no, I must protect mama.
Sob sob.

_Email this to a friend by clicking on the 'envelope' below_

2 comments:

Admin UD said...

Deep sturvs here. well, what can i say, you never disappoint ;)

PS: i've been vacationing in England, should be back to my base soon. Cheers!

Rising Rainbow said...

I wrote a poem such as this many years ago about a grandchild I was never allowed to know.